Date: 6/1/18 11:02 pm
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] East Camino Cielo and Kinevan this morning, 1 June 2018
I made 22 stops along East Camino Cielo starting at Gibralter Rd, then
heading west. The most noteworthy find was the scarcity of wrens and
hummingbirds. Only 4 Bewick's Wren and 0 House Wrens were detected. I saw
only a couple unidentified hummers and no Black-chinned Sparrows. I did
manage to see Mountain Quail and I heard them at several other stops. Also
present were Olive-sided Flycatcher and Black-throated Gray Warbler 500m
east of La Cumbre Pk. Rufous-crowned Sparrows and Steller's Jays were at
several spots.

At *Kinevan Rd*, at the mid-point along the road the creek makes a sharp
bend where water is empounded. Here a *Cassin's Vireo* sang. About 100m
down the road from this mid-point, a *Hermit Thrush* sang for 7 minutes
upslope of the road. This area is near 34.5048 -119.82253.

Mark Holmgren
San Marcos Pass

Join us on Facebook!