Date: 6/1/18 7:26 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] ā€ˇRough-legged Hawk PDX Airport
Hello all - while driving east on Marine Drive this afternoon past the
Portland Airport, I saw a Rough-legged Hawk perched on the fence near the
road. I know one had been seen in that location earlier this Spring, and
assumed it must have been the same individual. However, upon checking the
records on eBird, it seems it was last detected on April 21st. I speculate
it's been there the whole time. The prospect of another Rough-legged Hawk
showing up at the same location so deep into Spring seems unlikely. While
looking at the bar charts on eBird, I noticed that there are no June
records in the state for this species (at least ones that have been
verified).

Good birding,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)

Join us on Facebook!