Date: 6/1/18 7:13 pm
From: Brian Williams via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] eastern kingbirds at Barn Island WMA, Stonington
Tonight at Barn Island two eastern kingbirds seen alternating off one perch while flycatching on the wing.  Only a handful of shorebirds seen and heard due to the weather and visibility around a quarter mile.  Numerous veerys and I note that I counted dozens in Pachuag Forest this weekend so we're seeing veerys in good numbers once again this season.  Possible for bank swallows but I couldn't get a definitive look.  Abundant songbirds, it's a jungle out there.

Brian Williams
Griswold