Date: 6/1/18 3:28 pm
From: Thomas Benson <tbenson...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [CALBIRDS] CBRC review and request for documentation
Tom,

eBird and the CBRC are two separate entities. Submitting documentation to one does not mean you have submitted documentation to the other. The CBRC reviews records of statewide significance, and we maintain our own archives so that we or others are able to review that documentation at a later date if necessary. If we relied on eBird to archive our documentation, there is the possibility that a user could delete his/her photos or checklists, or alter the descriptions, defeating the purpose of an archive. There is no plan to “merge these processes” in the future.

Tom

Thomas A. Benson
Secretary, California Bird Records Committee