Date: 6/1/18 1:57 pm
From: Timothy Barksdale <timothy.barksdale...>
Subject: 300 by May
I have to send my Congratulations to Kendell Loyd for having recorded 300 species in Missouri before the end of May.

For a few months longer…. (I suspect), I still hold the Missouri Big Year Record. In 1991, while living in Columbia, Paul McKenzie and I pushed each other (and also worked together) during that phenomenal year. This year Brad Jacobs and Kendell are pushing each other.

In 1991, we thought we had a string of great birds, but this year (so far) has far exceeded that.

Things have changed !@ Holy Cow! The internet for one, eBird for another. But doing a Big Year within any jurisdiction, still takes an enormous amount of stamina and drive.

During the record year of 1991, I did not get to 300 until October 12th or so. That bird was the Sabine’s Gull which Chris Hobbs spotted along with Paul, Mark Robbins and me.

I suspect that not only will my record fall but that it can be shattered and passed by a bunch.

Good Luck to you, find great birds and set a new record which will last for years,

Tim

Timothy Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC
Choteau, MT 59422

Birdman Adventures LLC
Sedalia,MO

<timothy.barksdale...>

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and might contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

In addition to the above, you may be receiving copyrighted material and be subject to violation of United States Laws.

Birdman Productions LLC and Birdman Adventures LLC will vigorously defend intellectual material, proprietary material and prosecute theft, or plagiarism to the fullest extent of the law.

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!