Date: 6/1/18 11:08 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Interesting shorebird - GREENSHANK?
6/1. I just 1:45 chatted with Plover/Tern researchers, Eva Holland and Rebecca Foster. They told me they saw a shorebird yesterday, 5/31 about 3pm, at SANDY POINT, West Haven that could fit the description of COMMON GREENSHANK. They said it was yellowlegs like, in flight WAS SLATE GRAY, showed White going up the back, and gave a call they didn’t recognize. No photos.

There are no records in CT of this rare visitor from Europe and Asia, but one occurred last fall at Brigantine (Forsythe NWR) in New Jersey.

Be on the lookout! And obtain photos if you see any unusual shorebirds.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone