Date: 6/1/18 10:59 am
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Possible/Probable Eastern Phoebe Goodspeed Road Tillamook
Did you mean long tail, rather than wings? Is the throat and chin pale
(whitish)? Phoebes wag their tails frequently down and up. The most similar
and expected species to eliminate would be Black Phoebe that is regular in
Tillamook now. If you can get a picture even with phone or a video that
would be helpful. Eastern Phoebe would be a rare sighting indeed, though
Oregon seems to be getting one or two records annually this decade. It is a
review species on the Oregon Birds Records Committee state list. Thanks for
the report.

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:07 AM, James Billstine <billstinj...> wrote:

> I think I have an Eastern Phoebe on Goodspeed Road in Tillamook across
> from the Tillamook country smoker trailer. Long Wings pale breast and belly
> darker head and very short wings.

Join us on Facebook!