Date: 5/31/18 5:39 pm
From: Steve Huggins <sjhuggins1209...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET North Pond - evening migrants!! 5/31/18 5.30pm
I almost didn’t bother going out this evening because it was so hot & humid and I didn’t think I’d see anything! I was pleasantly surprised by a few good birds and there were enough flycatchers and vireos to keep things interesting but only one warbler, no migrant thrushes or sparrows!

Highlights would be Cook county FOY’s with Northern Mockingbird and Olive-sided Flycatcher - both on the east side of the pond near the ‘prairie’ area. Also Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, 4 Alder Flycatcher and a flyover southbound Osprey!

Full list can be viewed at:
http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2018-05-31 <http://www.igoterra.com/rs.asp?userid=283&d=2018-05-31>

On a sad note - the North Pond ‘Huge' resident Snapping Turtle may be no more - on Sunday morning there was a large splattered roadkill snapper at Stockton & Fullerton and I haven’t seen one in the pond since. At least the ducklings may have more of a chance at survival i guess.

Cheers
Steve Huggins
Chicago, IL
http://www.pbase.com/sjhuggins <http://www.pbase.com/sjhuggins>