Date: 5/31/18 4:12 pm
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Traffic Stop
This morning on the way to Canaan Valley, I had to wait for a pilot truck
about one-third of the way up the mountain where they are resurfacing the
road. So, I rolled down my window and listened. A Scarlet Tanager sang
loudly in the nearby trees. There was another warbler singing that I think
was a Magnolia Warbler. Then I was quite surprised to hear a Cerulean
Warbler singing.

I wondered how many birds are in areas like that that we rarely or never
bird? Maybe there are even more Ceruleans than we realize. I am glad they
still have places to be where they usually are not disturbed by us humans. I
was never more grateful for a traffic delay. Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph
County from Tucker County

Join us on Facebook!