Date: 5/31/18 4:08 pm
From: Karen Fung <easternbluebird...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Henslow's Sparrow at Shawangunk Grasslands NWR: comparison of audiograms
Hi, I looked at the audio files posted on eBird, comparing Joe's file from
yesterday with the many files that were posted a year ago. The bird that
showed up yesterday sang a song with three descending notes. Last year's
bird also sang a three part song, but the pitches were in the order of
high/low/medium. I don't think this was obvious when listening to the
files, but the audiograms give visual proof. All the songs from last year,
spanning several days, show the same pattern.
What are the chances that this is a different individual? Or maybe he just
altered his song this year?

Here's a link to the audio files:

https://ebird.org/media/catalog?taxonCode=henspa&mediaType=a&region=Ulster,%20New%20York,%20United%20States%20(US)&regionCode=US-NY-111&q=Henslow%27s%20Sparrow%20-%20Ammodramus%20henslowii

All input welcome, either here or privately.

Karen Fung
NYC

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01