Date: 5/31/18 3:44 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Crane? Forks, Northampton County
Howdy All,

Just a little while ago we were leaving the Giant in Forks PA and I saw
a cool bird fly past.

A large waterbird flew past which I think might have been a crane.
This bird was flying in the Southwest direction at maybe 150 feet in
altitude. It had a very regular flap. What stood out was that is neck
was fully extended the whole time and not folded in an "S" like a heron
or egret. Its long legs were fully extended back.

This bird would have been flying from the direction of the Delaware
river towards the Bushkill creek area. I tried to follow it to get a
better look at its coloration but due to traffic I lost it. Its possible
that it turned West without me seeing it.

Hopefully someone else will bet to see it

Dave

Join us on Facebook!