Date: 5/31/18 11:08 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Ravens at dumps
We always get multiple hundreds of them at the Bend landfill. It is one of
the hotspots on our CBC.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Date: Thu May 31 2018 8:14 am
From: joel.geier AT peak.org

I don't know if this counts as "rural" or "urban-waste-dependent," but

yesterday more than 25 RAVENS were soaring and swooping on the gusty

winds above Coffin Butte Regional Landfill, north of Corvallis. Ravens

can be seen there in numbers, year-round.

High up in the air with them were a dozen or more light-colored flying

objects. Thinking this is the wrong time of year for gulls, I put

binoculars on them and could see that these were plastic bags, lofted as

high as 300 ft above the surrounding landscape. Talk about TRASH

BIRDS ...

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>