Date: 5/31/18 10:53 am
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Ravens at dumps
In addition to the Coffin Butte landfill, Ravens are regular at the dump
west of McMinnville. I also counted many at the landfill south of Baker
City on a CBC years ago.

Somebody's got to do it...

Paul Sullivan

-------------------------
Subject: Re: Ravens in non-rural or semi-rural Oregon
Date: Thu May 31 2018 8:14 am
From: joel.geier AT peak.org

I don't know if this counts as "rural" or "urban-waste-dependent," but

yesterday more than 25 RAVENS were soaring and swooping on the gusty

winds above Coffin Butte Regional Landfill, north of Corvallis. Ravens

can be seen there in numbers, year-round.

High up in the air with them were a dozen or more light-colored flying

objects. Thinking this is the wrong time of year for gulls, I put

binoculars on them and could see that these were plastic bags, lofted as

high as 300 ft above the surrounding landscape. Talk about TRASH

BIRDS ...

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!