Date: 5/31/18 9:04 am
From: Chad Kauffman <chadkauffman...>
Subject: Juniata County - Red Necked Phalarope
hello all, as per phone call from Marvin Troyer, he got a report about a
Northern Phalarope being in a small pond off cedar springs rd in
mifflintown from Sam Kanagy

never hearing that name, I assumed it was wilsons or red necked and was
able to visit the pond and saw the Red Necked Phalarope swimming,
spinning and feeding actively.

here is the ebird checklist for pics and pinned point location.
https://ebird.org/pa/view/checklist/S46183751

It is an active farm, but no animals right now.  If you park by the
barn, walk thru and close gates east of the barn, down thru dirt lane,
making a 90 degree turn to the left, creeping up on the pond.  we got
within 40 yards of it to scope and get documented photo's.

It wasn't aware we were there or didn't care.

County record for Juniata.

Chad Kauffman, Mifflintown, PA

--
***See our new video https://youtu.be/3gyjkxmmFS4 *** ***Check us out on