Date: 5/31/18 6:14 am
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Ravens in non-rural or semi-rural Oregon
I don't know if this counts as "rural" or "urban-waste-dependent," but
yesterday more than 25 RAVENS were soaring and swooping on the gusty
winds above Coffin Butte Regional Landfill, north of Corvallis. Ravens
can be seen there in numbers, year-round.

High up in the air with them were a dozen or more light-colored flying
objects. Thinking this is the wrong time of year for gulls, I put
binoculars on them and could see that these were plastic bags, lofted as
high as 300 ft above the surrounding landscape. Talk about TRASH
BIRDS ...

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis