Date: 5/31/18 3:18 am
From: Roy Harvey via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] SPAM on CTBirds
Recently, including overnight, we have had an increase in dangerous SPAM messages going out on the list.  I have just made a couple of small changes in the hope of stopping at least some of them, but the real answer is that everyone has to do their best to keep their own email account and computers secure.
One change I made should reject any message without a Subject.  Leaving off the Subject is easy to do, especially when in the field and in a hurry to report a hot bird, so try to keep that in mind.
The other change is to lower the number of recipients - addresses besides the list - that a message can have.  That went down from five to four total addresses in the To list.
If your message is rejected for such reasons please make the required change and resend it.
And finally, NEVER follow a link you can't trust, such as one in an email with no subject or other text.  It can be dangerous out there.
Good birding!
Roy HarveyCTBirds admin/moderatorBeacon Falls, CT