Date: 5/30/18 10:20 pm
From: Dan Reiff, PhD <dan.owl.reiff...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Nighthawks in Yakima Canyon
Tweeters community,

I found a Total of at least 10 C. Nighthawks in Yakima Canyon Tuesday evening.
One hunted low at head level around me. A group of six seemed to working their way up canyon. Others seemed to be playing, including spectacular dives and hunting.
Was Windy and chilly there. The wind didn’t seem to affect them at all. Very neat to see them again.
Unfortunately, I found a freshly dead Poorwill on the canyon road. It’s mate was nearby and flew by me chased by a 🦇 bat.
They don’t like bats and will temporarily leave an area if bats compete for food.

Dan Reiff