Date: 5/30/18 5:19 pm
From: John via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Volunteers needed to assist with bird surveys at Aton Forest
We are looking for volunteers to help with the Aton Forest breeding bird surveys during the month of June. You don’t need to be an expert birder, as you will be working with one of our local experts Kateri Kosek. We need people who can hike a couple miles, keep time and take notes during the survey period. There are three routes which need to be surveyed every week for three weeks; only one route is run each day when weather permits; each route takes approximately 3 hours to complete and are about 2 km long. Surveys begin at first light, about 5 am. Beginners as well as experts are welcome. We have sleeping/living quarters for those who would like to come up the night before.

We would like to thank Audubon Connecticut for once again awarding Aton Forest, Inc. an Important Bird Area Grant to conduct these Breeding Bird Surveys in northwestern Connecticut.

Data will go into the eBird database and the Connecticut Bird Atlas. Aton Forest (AF) is an ecological research field station in the Northwest Hills of Connecticut.

Anyone interested please contact John Anderson, Executive Director, Aton Forest, Inc. 270 N. Colebrook Road, Norfolk, CT 06058
Email: <contact...>
Cell Phone: 860-248-1053

--
John Anderson