Date: 5/30/18 3:54 pm
From: Phil Kelley <scrubjay323...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Nisqually NWR 5/30/18
Tweets,

Today 40 of us enjoyed a nice walk at Nisqually. It was cool and dry
and the sun came out after a bit but it wasn't very birdy, at least
not in the number of species seen. We had a -1.7 low tide at 1:34 PM
so lots of mud at the reclamation area.

The trees are all leafed out and the grass is high so we heard a lot
of twittering but had difficulty viewing. We did have lots of YELLOW
WARBLERS, SWAINSON'S THRUSHES, and MARSH WRENS, but nothing out of the
ordinary.

With the low tide I don't know if anyone walked the estuary boardwalk
but Shep will post an ebird report when he finishes.

For the day I had 37 species with BAND-TAILED PIGEON being new for the
year. I now have 105 species for the year. Mammals seen included
LONG-TAILED WEASEL, COTTONTAILED RABBIT, and MUSKRAT.

Until next week....

Phil Kelley
<scrubjay323...>
Lacey, WA