Date: 5/29/18 7:58 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] just old news, Malheur county, GT Grackles
There is a new management firm at the Ontario wastewater ponds. The
office door is locked more often but the gate to the ponds is still open
during their "business hours". I have not been bothered while cruising
around the ponds. They still have a visitor log so I believe that rules
for birders have not changed and that birding access is still A-OK.

Last trip, Friday, May 25, I stopped at Beck Kiwanis Park thanks to
Matt Cahill mentioning it. I saw 5 or 6 GT Grackles there, as he had
reported a few days prior. That park is only a mile or so from the
wastewater ponds so it is convenient to visit both spots.

And related to the recent OBOL discussion, I saw Cal Scrub Jay in
Juntura, Malheur county on 11-27-2017.

I took the northern route home last Friday, to avoid the big hail and
windstorm coming to Harney county. No unusual birds to report. Good
birding, Judy, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!