Date: 5/29/18 3:40 pm
From: Asli Memisoglu <memisoglu.asli...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Bald eagle at Walden Pond
I live nearby in Concord and suspect it was the same bird that some of my
neighbors reported last week. The bird my neighbors saw was happily
feasting on roadkill on Powdermill Rd in Concord. This prompted the town to
put up temporary road signs to alert drivers to take care.

I am thrilled to have this bird so close.

Asli Memisoglu
Concord, MA

On Tue, May 29, 2018, 3:08 PM Liz Thorstenson <lizzylee...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My co-worker, a birder who is not a member of Mass Bird, saw an adult bald
> eagle at Walden Pond on Saturday 5/26. I thought this would be of interest
> to some of you.
>
> She reports that it was happily fishing in the pond close to the pontoons
> that enclose the swimming area. It was seemingly unbothered by humans and
> most of the humans were oblivious.
>
> It caught a fish and settled into a nearby pine to eat it, and then went
> on a second fishing expedition.
>
> She has a cell photo of it in the tree but it is poor quality. I'm sure
> she'd be happy to send it to anyone who is interested.
>
> Interesting!
> Liz in Arlington

Join us on Facebook!