Date: 5/29/18 3:13 pm
From: Tucker, Trileigh <TRI...>
Subject: [Tweeters] 3 FOY's today...so far (West Seattle)
Hi Tweets,

I was thrilled this morning to see my first-of-the-year Evening Grosbeak<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/42390099972/in/dateposted-public/>, a fine female at my sunflower-seed feeder here in West Seattle. She’s been hanging around most of the day, sitting calmly on the feeder just 8 feet away. A few hours later, I finally observed for myself what everyone’s been reporting around me, a female Rufous Hummingbird. (We’ve had them most years, but usually I can catch a glimpse of one earlier.)

Then just now, our FOY Olive-sided Flycatcher announced his presence! I was on San Juan Island at Friday Harbor labs a week and a half ago and heard Olive-sideds constantly, so was surprised we hadn’t had the three-beer request here. Now it really feels like full spring.

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker, PhD
Professor Emerita of Environmental Studies
Seattle University

Pelly Valley, West Seattle
Natural Presence Arts website<https://naturalpresencearts.com/>
Photography<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/albums/72157661836833455>