Date: 5/29/18 2:29 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Late Golden-crowned Sparrow
I just had a Golden-crowned Sparrow at my feeder in Powell Butte, Crook
County.  In my records for Central Oregon, I only have one other entry
for Golden-crowned Sparrow in the last week of May (5/28/07, Awbrey Hall
Burn, Rich Hoyer) and two records for June (6/19/90, Indian Ford CG,
Danny Bystrak and 6/23/02, Squaw Cr. Rd., Howard Horvath).  Those other
three records were all from the mountains.  It's very unusual to see
this species this late in the lowlands.

Photos athttps://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46139008
<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46139008>

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com