Date: 5/29/18 12:34 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Re: jays in Burns
I was surprised to find this California Scrub-jay on South Harney Road
west of the Narrows store in Harney County.  It's a long way from the
Burns population.  We looked carefully for Woodhouse's field marks but
nothing seemed to fit.  Bad lighting made the bird look very dark.  The
photo below is lightened in photoshop.

asdf
On 5/29/2018 10:15 AM, <cotingas...> wrote:
> Alan
>
> They are quite common now in Burns and Hines and scattered around the
> county in low numbers. We had 40 on the Burns CBC, mostly in town. We
> have up to 4 at a time feeding on peanuts in backyard near cemetery.
> And the are nesting at the end of the street this year.
>
> Rick Vetter
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> 541-589-2230
> <Cotingas...> <mailto:<Cotingas...>
>
> “Even the worst handwritten field notes are better than the best
> memory or technology“ - Sergej Postupalsky
>
> On May 29, 2018, at 9:24 AM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
> <mailto:<acontrer56...>> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday morning we encountered two Cal Scrub Jays in Burns near
>> the Lottery Lane turnoff. Is that a regular bird in Burns now?
>>
>> Alan Contreras
>> Eugene, Oregon
>>
>> <acontrer56...> <mailto:<acontrer56...>
>>
>> www.alanlcontreras.com <http://www.alanlcontreras.com>
>>

>> POST: Send your post to <obol...> <mailto:<obol...>
>> <http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
>> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>
>> <mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com