Date: 5/29/18 11:17 am
From: Rich Bailey <wvbirds...>
Subject: Request for assistance with golden-winged warbler population monitoring
Hi all,

This is for those keen to further bird conservation with their birding
skills! We are short on capacity this year relative to our workload, with
too many projects of various sorts. One that we have not been able to get
to is ongoing monitoring of golden-winged warbler breeding populations.

In the past, we have conducting 10-minute point counts in various areas
across the species' historical range in WV, and I'm wondering if anyone
might be interested in visiting some of these points this year before the
end of June. These points, totaling ~120, are located in the Allegheny and
Cumberland mountains regions in southern, central, and northern WV. As I
mentioned, each point is 10 minutes and includes a song playback component.

If you're interested, just respond to this email and I'll provide
additional details, forms etc.

Thanks!

Rich Bailey, WVDNR

Virus-free.