Date: 5/29/18 8:44 am
From: Joe Suchecki <issuesman50...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Springbrook Prairie Dickcissels and Acadian Flycatcher and Home Siskins
While there were really no migrants this morning at Springbrook Prairie in Naperville, DuPage County, I did manage to find the first Dickcissels of the year and also saw an Acadian Flycatcher.  The flycatcher was singing at the bridge over the creek along the mowed trail (Henlsow's Trail on the new signs) east of Plainfield-Naperville Road.  All the regular grassland and shrubland birds are back, but an earlier Yellow-breasted Chat seems to have decided to go elsewhere.
At my home in Naperville, I had two Pine Siskins in my yard yesterday adding to several other late-spring records of this species in DuPage County.

Join us on Facebook!