Date: 5/28/18 9:50 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Bald Hill Reservation--Crooked Pond, May 28, 2018
Bald Hill Reservation--Crooked Pond, Boxford

May 28, 2018 9:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.75 mile(s)
Comments: I birded the Crooked Pond area with Miles Brengle, Linda Ireland, and Phil Brown. Highlight was hearing 2 yellow-billed cuckoos, among other birds.
38 species

Wood Duck 1
Hooded Merganser 1 Female was prob. nesting at back of pond, though we did not see her enter or exit a cavity. She did, however, leave some trees and settle nearby on pond, quacking with crest raised.
Great Blue Heron 3
Turkey Vulture 1
Mourning Dove 5
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2 both heard giving the full kowp-kowp calls
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 3 2 near parking lot, 1 at back of pond
Eastern Wood-Pewee 4
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 5
Eastern Kingbird 2
Yellow-throated Vireo 3
Blue-headed Vireo 5
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Tree Swallow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Tufted Titmouse 5
Brown Creeper 2
Winter Wren 1 singing behind the pond
Veery 1 First one I've heard singing this year.
Gray Catbird 2
Ovenbird 6
Louisiana Waterthrush 1 singing at first crossing; gave us a nice view
Common Yellowthroat 3
Magnolia Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 2
Pine Warbler 3