Date: 5/28/18 8:44 pm
From: Dika Golovatchoff <digolov...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] East Beach Gull - Mew Gull maybe
Yesterday early evening I walked a stretch of East Beach facing the Hilton
Hotel and there was only one gull present (same the night before) that
looked rather delicate and although I've never seen such a gull before I
tentatively ID it as 1st year Mew Gull. If anyone would care to give me a
positive ID I'd appreciate it. Photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/digolov/albums/72157696791880974

After that I birded East Beach where there were at least 18 Ruddy Ducks
including two males sparring, two breeding Black-crowned Night herons and
one juvenile, three Coot chicks, a Hooded Oriole, numerous Black-necked
Stilts acting as though they were nesting, and other expected species.
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/digolov/

This afternoon I searched without success for the Least Bittern reported
yesterday by Conor Scotland at Lake Los Carneros. Thanks, Dika
Golovatchoff, Santa Barbara

Join us on Facebook!