Date: 5/28/18 8:13 pm
From: Leslie Borns <cakile...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Inflatables "Sports Park" proposed for Montrose Beach, comments DUE June 5th- NO SIGHTINGS
Fran -  Those questions were asked and no answers were forthcoming.

Below is an update I just sent my dune volunteer list.  Birders, your letters and voices can make a difference.
Thank you,
Leslie BornsMontrose Beach Dunes Site Steward
<cakile...>

DearVolunteers and Friends of Montrose Beach Dunes,

First, thankyou for your strong response to the Action Alert and the many letters andmessages you are writing.  I justlearned that the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) has a publicnotice on its website about the proposed inflatable water park that containscritical information we were not given by the Chicago Park District (CPD) and whichcorrects misleading information in the District’s proposal to Army Corps.  Please read IDNR’s notice here:
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/WaterResources/Documents/PublicNotice_ChicagoParkDistrict_WaterSportsPark_2018May.pdf

Note that the applicant is a person named Etai Timna, of 400 E. San Marino Drive,Miami Beach, FL., 33139.  The company is Jorbasa LLC.  That's right folks, your precious parkland and lake are up for grabs to an out of state developer.
Note that thewater park is located “AT MONTROSE BEACH in the City of Chicago,” not at “LawrenceAvenue” as previously asserted by CPD.
IDNR has askedfor public comments with a deadline of June25th.  Please forward yourletters and messages to IDNR so they are aware of our strong opposition (see contact at the bottom of page 1 in link).
Another considerationyou may wish to add in your comments is that the proposed "waterpark" does not have latrines. The structures need to be set at least 5feet deep, which puts it off shore.  The application does not tell us howaccess will be determined ("keep non-clients out"); remember, this isa private-pay concession.  Restrictedaccess, while alarming in itself in these public waters, is more alarming becauseit doesn't look like it is easy to get on and off to get to the shore-basedrestrooms.  There are tremendously important operating details lacking inthis notice.  The Illinois EPA websitedoesn’t have a notice yet, but the project would probably require Section 401water quality certification before being allowed in Lake Michigan.

Onward!
/Leslie