Date: 5/28/18 6:42 pm
From: Katie Fallon <katie...>
Subject: WV Young Birders Club walk
This morning the West Virginia Young Birders Club held a bird walk for kids
of all ages at the West Virginia Botanic Garden near Morgantown. We had
about 40 participants and nine volunteer leaders. We split into three
groups; below is the eBird list from the group led by Cheyenne Carter, Ruth
Bergen, and Katie Fallon. Other groups were led by LeJay Graffious, Caden
Haines, Derek Courtney, Mike Bergen, Mark Graham, and Jesse Fallon. Visit
our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/WVYBC/) or website (www.wvybc.org) for
pictures and more info.

Highlights of the walk included a pair of scarlet tanagers feeding a
fledgling and great looks through the scope at an Acadian flycatcher and
ruby-throated hummingbird. We also saw snakes and salamanders. It was great
morning! More walks are being planned - we will post when the details have
been worked out. Thanks again to everyone who participated and helped out!

WV Botanic Gardens

May 28, 2018

9:34 AM

Traveling

1.00 miles

164 Minutes

All birds reported? Yes

Comments: WV Young Birders Club walk — this group of about 10 kids (and
several parents) was guided by Ruth Bergen, Cheyenne Carter, and Katie
Fallon.

Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.6.5 Build 36

1 Turkey Vulture

1 Red-shouldered Hawk

1 Yellow-billed Cuckoo

3 Chimney Swift

2 Ruby-throated Hummingbird

1 Red-bellied Woodpecker

1 Pileated Woodpecker

2 Eastern Wood-Pewee

3 Acadian Flycatcher

1 Blue-headed Vireo

3 Red-eyed Vireo

2 Blue Jay

3 American Crow

2 Barn Swallow

1 Carolina Chickadee

1 Tufted Titmouse

4 House Wren

1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

4 Eastern Bluebird

3 Wood Thrush

1 American Robin

2 Gray Catbird

3 Black-and-white Warbler

1 Hooded Warbler

1 Chipping Sparrow

3 Field Sparrow

2 Song Sparrow

3 Eastern Towhee

3 Scarlet Tanager

2 Northern Cardinal

2 Indigo Bunting

5 Red-winged Blackbird

2 Common Grackle

3 American Goldfinch

Number of Taxa: 34

Thanks again,

Katie Fallon

--
Katie Fallon

President, *Avian Conservation Center of Appalachia*
President, *Mountaineer Chapter of the National Audubon Society*

286 Fairchance Road
Morgantown, WV 26508
(304) 906-5438
http://www.accawv.org
http://www.facebook.com/ACCAWV/
http://www.mountaineeraudubon.org
http://www.katiefallon.com

*To conserve wild birds through scientific research; education and public
outreach; and rescue and rehabilitation*

Join us on Facebook!