Date: 5/28/18 5:29 pm
From: Ally M <allie.m2000a...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] RFI S. Idaho birding (Boise to Twin Falls)
Hi Idaho birders,

I am visiting Idaho for the first time for five days in June. I'll be in
Boise, and then driving to the Twin Falls area, and then back to Boise. I
guess I'm interesting in knowing some good birding spots to check out in
these areas, and in between. I like to look for waterfowl, shorebirds,
herons/egrets etc. and will have my scope, and also I want to visit
different habitats like mountains, foothills, prairie, etc., so I can see
as many different species of birds that are possible this time of year in
this area of Idaho. There seems to be a lot of e-bird hot-spots in the
area, but I'm not too sure which would be the best ones to go to, during
June for breeding species. I'm guessing most grouse/quail like birds are
hard to find in June, if some aren't I'd be interested in knowing where to
look for them. Are Mute Swans officially on the Idaho State list, or are
they just an non-countable exotic? It appears there's a lot of
woodpeckers, owls, sparrows, and flycatcher species around too, which would
be fun to look for. I don't know if there is any chance to see any state
rarities during this time of year, in this area, but I will keep my eyes
open, and try to get a photo, if I happen to find something strange and
certainly let you all know. I look forward to seeing and hearing many
western birds and visiting part of your lovely state.

My e-mail is <allie.m2000a...>, you can respond to me directly with
any suggestions.

Thanks,
Allie M
Mississppi