Date: 5/28/18 3:26 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Great-tailed Grackle Crook County
When you live in the same county for a long time, new county birds don't
happen all that often.  I got a new Crook bird today thanks to Paul
Sullivan.  Paul emailed me this morning saying he had a GT Grackle at
the Prineville Wetlands.  My wife and I took off and she was the first
to locate the bird not far from the parking area.  Thanks to Paul for a
new bird.

On a related note, Ron Halvorson reported a grackle from the wetlands
last week but he didn't have his binoculars or slr camera so he snapped
a cell phone pic of it.  He was unsure if the bird was Great-tailed or
Common Grackle.  Upon reflection and comparison with today's bird, I
think they are one in the same. So Ron gets credit for a county first.
Congrats Ron.

afsdasf

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com