Date: 5/28/18 2:17 pm
From: Robert Brundage <rjbrundage...>
Subject: Possible Red Crossbills in Boone Co.?
I was camping yesterday (Sunday) north of Columbia (Boone Co.) on strip mine land. There is a grove of pines on the property. While fishing on a strip pit I saw a flock of about 10 Cedar waxwing sized birds fly over. I listened to hear the Cedar Waxwings' call note. Instead I heard a series of single note call notes I did not recognize. I believe their flight was somewhat undulating like a gold finch - but these were no gold finches. The property is about 5 miles west of Rocky Fork CA.

Thoughts?

Robert Brundage
354 Cannondale Rd.
Jefferson City, MO 65109