Date: 5/28/18 2:08 pm
From: Larry Bausher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Upland Sandpiper
5/28/18 - East Hartford, Runway Rd south of Cabela’s, 10:30 am

Two Upland Sandpipers at the far side of the grassy field east of Runway Rd and just south of the Helipad. After spotting the birds I parked in the nearby lot and crossed Runway Road with bins and camera to get a better look and photo over the chain link fence. A security guard soon showed up, and I explained to him I was looking to photograph a bird. He asked "what bird?” and I mentioned the UPSA, which led to a little chat about shorebirds, etc. He was quite congenial and didn’t seem upset about my presence there, wished me a good day, and drove off. It probably didn’t hurt that I was wearing my hat showing a Panama logo and two Scarlet Macaws.

Larry Bausher
West Haven