Date: 5/28/18 11:19 am
From: Carolyn Longworth <bvm1290...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Rails at Fairhaven
Dear Massbirders,

This morning there were the usual Clapper Rails at Egypt Lane in
Fairhaven. One kekking constantly on the sea side and the other on the
fenced side doing a few half-hearted keks.
Then an orange one, that we thought was a King Rail showed up on the fenced
side and for the next few hours cavorted in a friendly manner with the
Clapper.

I eBirded the bird as a King, but looking at the photos, the bird seems
only the same size as the Clapper and its face has some gray. Last year
there was a definite King with clear orange throat and was bigger than the
Clappers.

What do you think?

This is the best shot I got at the bird, but there are others in this set
that show it with the Clapper
https://clongworth.smugmug.com/Birds/May-2018/May-28-2018/i-2w5FmRt

--

Carolyn Longworth