Date: 5/28/18 5:57 am
From: Remy Lary <remy.avesart...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Blackpoll Warbler- Washington, Vermont
I was visiting family in Washington, VT. I was in the fenced backyard
playing frisbee with the dogs. American Redstarts, and Yellow Warblers were
singing loudly, then I heard the familiar high pitched song from a bird
that I normally hear on mountain summits. I stopped what I was doing and
started looking, a lone male Blackpoll was singing conspicuously, and
foraging. The warbler was very tame as I approached, going about its
business. The bird was in an ash tree overlooking a ravine that at the
bottom is the Jail Branch brook that flows through the town.
Elevation: 1, 765ft

Remy

Join us on Facebook!