Date: 5/27/18 10:39 pm
From: Conor Scotland <scotland.conor...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] LLC Least Bittern, Refugio
After a couple failed attempts to find the Least Bittern at LLC last month,
I found it today from the north side of the lake (my location approximately
here: 34.44321, -119.84910). Just before the trail drops down into the Eucs
near the lake, there is a little spur trail from the end of which you can
look over the lake. After scanning from there for about 5 minutes, the bird
flew from east to west and landed in open view in the tules on the west
side of the lake. It was vocalizing the whole time it was in view, about 10
minutes total.

Some fuzzy photos and more info on where I saw it here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46084518

This afternoon at Refugio, we were not able to hear or see Nick L's Hooded
Warbler. Lots of birds though, including a Hermit Warbler, which the
reference material tells me is somewhat late at this date.

Conor Scotland
Santa Barbara

Join us on Facebook!