Date: 5/27/18 6:29 pm
From: Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
Subject: Re: Western Kingbirds in Scott County
Western kingbirds return to the electric stations here in the Joplin area.
I can generally find a
pair on about 1 out of 4 stations driven by. Sure enough there was a pair
at the station two
blocks east of 5th & Main today.
Beautiful birds.
Larry, in Joplin, MO. Jasper County.
5-27-18.

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 9:08 PM, Kathy and Mark Haas <
<kathyhaas...> wrote:

> Today I found two WEKI at the Burger King in Sikeston (I-55 exit 67). One
> perched on the wires and one on a nest atop a utility pole. When I checked
> here earlier in the month, there was only one bird and no nest. Perhaps the
> male arrived first and was waiting on the female. This is the third year
> they have been seen at this site, with the nest located on the same pole
> each time. This may be the eastern-most nesting record in MO.
>

> Mark Haas
>
> Jackson, MO

> <mobirds-l-request...>

> ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!