Date: 5/26/18 2:51 pm
From: Leonie Batkin <leonie.batkin23...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] COMMON GRACKLE-Bridgeport Reservoir-Mono County
This morning, May 26, we arrived at the Bridgeport boat ramp (the one with trees and just a restroom) at 9:45am. We noticed a male Great-tailed Grackle in a tree near the restroom. We next observed the Great-tailed Grackle foraging on the lawn. We were observing a pair of nesting Western Kingbirds when a second grackle flew in to a tree in front of us. The second grackle immediately appeared different and we quickly realized it was a COMMON GRACKLE. The COMMON GRACKLE was of the expected bronze back race. We observed it for over ten minutes as it flew around to several trees, flew across the truck and boat trailer staging area, stopped briefly at a tree on the edge of the reservoir and then flew south in the direction of the town of Bridgeport. Details will be submitted to the CBRC.

Ron Thorn
Leonie Batkin
Redwood City, California

Sent from my iPhone

Listowners: mailto:<CALBIRDS-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)