Date: 5/26/18 11:18 am
From: Alex Hale <peregrintk95...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Jackson Park, Saturday May 26th
Anya Auerbach and I birded Jackson Park this morning and had quite a few
good birds, despite relatively low numbers.

The SNOWY EGRET was our definite highlight, though unfortunately it took
off around 9am and could not be refound. We also had a large group of Cliff
Swallows among the huge swallow flock over the south end of Wooded Island,
which hopefully means they are breeding in the park again this year.

In terms of non-birds, we had our first ever Spiny Softshell Turtle in the
park from the west side of Wooded Island.

Full ebird list: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46038550

Alex Hale

Join us on Facebook!