Date: 5/26/18 8:37 am
From: <amk17...>
Subject: [Tweeters] morning songs and a puzzle
This morning whilst watering the garden I heard a flute like song followed by several water-droplet sounding quoits. With garden hose in hand, I froze and could just see a bird in the lower branches of the hedgerow rhododendrons but couldn't make out what it could be. The sounds didn't match any of the thrush recordings that I could find.

Any ideas? I can't seem to locate any recordings with the same sounds. The water droplet sound was very clear and distinct; the song seemed on the short side in length.

On another note, I awoke at 4am to a very loud chorus of robins, juncos, wrens and ? singing away. Good start to the weekend.

AKopitov
Seattle, WA