Date: 5/26/18 7:22 am
From: zellene via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Earsplitting bird call
Thanks to all who replied, though none of the suggestions matched what I heard. However, I stopped at Bloom Hill Farm in Bloomfield for some ice cream after a 2 hour bird walk. They keep some farm animals, geese, etc. I heard a truly earsplitting call, not unlike the one I heard in Penwood. It was a male peacock displaying for a hen. Could I really believe I heard a peacock in a tree at Penwood?! Should I list this on the bird atlas? Just kidding, of course. May madness birding has addled my brain.

Zellene