Date: 5/26/18 12:06 am
From: maliadances via Groups.Io <maliadances=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Lawrence's Goldfinch 5/25 and unusual Common Merganser
Just a very quick note. While birding the intersection of Tunitas Creek Rd and Lobitos Creek Cut-off, this morning,  a male LAWRENCE'S GOLDFINCH was noted as it flew up into an alder from the roadside. The location was about 20 yards east of the dirt pullout at this intersection. We had a second observation, of a male LAGO (possibly the same bird), seen just a little bit further upstream in the Fiddleneck Flowers also in the unmowed roadside verge. LAGO were previously reported from this general area on 5/10 by Chris Hayward and Chris O'Connell.

Also we stopped this afternoon at San Gregorio State Beach.  There were 3 Common Mergansers. One looked to be partially leucistic. It's body was almost all white but it's head was a light rusty color.   We hope to upload some photos to our eBird lists soon.

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward

Join us on Facebook!