Date: 5/25/18 7:12 pm
From: Stewart Wechsler <ecostewart...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Re: Crow and American Shrew Mole?
At Camp Long in West Seattle, a part wooded, part open semi-natural area
here, that I used to regularly see American shrew moles (Neurotrichus
gibbsii) <https://naturalhistory.si.edu/mna/image_info.cfm?species_id=220>.
I don't know how common they are in other habitats, and other parts of the
state, but they were relatively common when, and where, I would see them
(mostly when I was doing nature programming there 7 - 18 years ago). I
would occasionally see them under the plywood boards, that I had put down
for the snakes, and various invertebrates, with an occasional one running
in sight, in the open during the day, and finding an occasional dead one in
the open .

-Stewart
www.stewardshipadventures.com

Message: 3