Date: 5/25/18 6:43 pm
From: LAWRENCE WILLIAM RAMSEY <lwr...>
Subject: An unusual sight
Sitting on our patio this evening at sunset (about 20:20) and caught a brief sight of a female common merganser with 4 chicks riding on her back. This this the second time in the last few years we have seen common merganser ducklings on the section of sinking creek upstream of the Shunk Road bridge. There were not recorded in our section in the last breeding bird atlas as far as I have been able to determine. this last week we have also had three sightings of a female hooded merg with 11-13 ducklings in tow which is very likely the brood we caught flopping out of a duck house early AM on April 20 which we reported on 4/30. Never cease to be delighted by the visual treats in watching nature.
larry

Join us on Facebook!