Date: 5/25/18 4:15 pm
From: Glenn d'Entremont <gdentremont1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] King Rails at Egypt Lane in Fairhaven
Not seeing any report, I heard what I believe were two KING RAILS at Egypt Lane in Fairhaven. The Clapper Rail was singing in the bay side marsh the whole time we were there (2:00 to 2:30ish).

On the fresh water/marsh side two birds almost simultaneously grunted; deep base sounding grunts with no "mechanical" sounding notes at the end, like Virginia. Playing the sounds (safely in my car) of both species I have no doubt they were King Rails.

These sounds were unsolicited and from the proximity of both sounds likely were stimulated by a chance encounter with each other (?).

Glenn

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA

Join us on Facebook!