Date: 5/25/18 12:19 pm
From: David Scott <dscott0313...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Slow morning at Mt A, BBC trip 5/25
Fairly quiet this morning in Mt Auburn, and we didn't manage to track down
any of the recent rarities. Still great to be there. Our best bird was
perhaps a Wood Thrush singing out in the open in the Dell.

We covered a lot of ground, but heard very little song, and worked hard to
get a look at anything that wasn't breeding in the cemetery. One each of
Redstart, Magnolia, Black-throated Green and Blackpoll Warblers. Lots of
swifts.

That was the last BBC trip at Mt A for the season, but there should still
be a few migrants filtering through over the next few days.

The story about Neil Hayward in the Globe's life science website STATnews
just published, and features one of the BBC trips from Mt Auburn a few
weeks ago. The angle was really about scientists who've changed direction
in their careers, but it does a decent job of capturing the joys of a
spring morning during migration.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/05/24/biotech-executive-bird-watching/

David Scott
Newton