Date: 5/25/18 11:08 am
From: Steve Sanford <bwredbird...>
Subject: WW Scoter, Clay-colored Sparrow, Chat - Mercer Co
I wasn't expecting much success chasing rarities this morning, but Jim
McConnor and I hit a few jackpots.
We saw the White-winged Scoter (adult male) at the pond on Tower Rd as
soon as we got out of the car.
Later on S Spring Rd we heard a Chat in the scrub-brush area, and a
Clay-colored Sparrow while we were waiting. The sparrow sang only one
buzz at a time as opposed to the usual three, but we got good looks and
Jim (and Kim Springer on her own) should have some pictures on eBird.
This was my first Clay-colored Sparrow in Mercer Co.