Date: 5/25/18 8:38 am
From: Thomas Berriman <blackpoll...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Whip-poor-Will

The Concord Whip-poor-will route also had 5 birds last night spread over 3
stops with one visual. One flew across the road in front of my headlights.
Strong possibility of more in that area as at one stop a Whip was so close
and sang for the entire 6 minutes. I could not hear anything but that bird.
One American Woodcock in an open patch and the surprise was a Black-billed
Cuckoo sang once. I have heard them at night but usually not in spring so
may have been migrating over. 41 degrees along the route at around 11pm.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.

Tom Berriman

802-626-9071

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/blackpoll1/>