Date: 5/24/18 5:54 am
From: Julia Plummer <julia...>
Subject: Kentucky Warbler - singing on Steele Hollow Rd
Hi all,

Good to see many of you at the Bird Club potluck last night at Millbrook
Marsh.

I walked down Steele Hollow Road this morning. Oddly, I did not hear any
Ceruleans singing (usually a reliable place to hear them) but I did hear a
Kentucky Warbler singing, up hill about 4/10 of a mile down from Beaver Rd
(year the marker that says 100 on one side and 110 on the other). I was
not able to locate it visually. This was the first Kentucky Warbler I've
had in Centre county, though I was fortunate to hear one singing last
summer in Huntingdon county.

If you haven't been to Steele Hollow Rd, it is not particularly well suited
to pedestrian travel, but you can park at the top (on Beaver Rd) and walk
down, watching for traffic.

My eBird checklist has the audio recording of the Kentucky Warbler:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45978121

Julia